FOSS LK - Podcast

(Lahiru Himesh Madusanka) #21

Is there any structure you would like to propose @lokuhetty ?

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #22

Structure wise, i like it to be full casual podcast while covering tech news , relating them to FOSS (Strictly covering FOSS topics only will limit us and the listeners) . We should be able to attract non FOSS people by relating general tech to FOSS. Also should be fun for us as well ne… but every episod we should have some structure like general news, foss news , other sl community (mozilla etc… ) news and some specific topic like a distro or a specific software. Etc… finally we should always relate us with the freedom rather than free software so on those areas as well.

Interviews and other mini guids can come on a different series. But we can get different hosts according to the episode topic. Ex : a developer to talk about development , a community contributor to talk about community work etc.

BTW my only requirement is it to be more casual rather than a strict script. ( like the name Freedom ) :wink:

(Dilusha) #23

Aiya coding, free software, security, history, networking gana ehma kathakarn nadda? :space_invader:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #24

Na na… ewwa okkoma karamu. Mama kiwwe daily minimum structure eka witharayi. Mama kiwwe eekane, api development wage ewwata special hosts la gennamu kiyala. Ethakota godak kattiyata podcast ekata sahabaagi wenna hambenawa.

Tech news
Development
History
Networking
Security
Current sri lankan trends
Global trends
About nortble personals
And everything… :blush:

Anyway , thats my point as well. Lets not restrict the topics. We will talk on everything related to tech and personal freedom.

(Dilusha) #25

@lokuhetty aiya tech news walin tikak avoid unoth mokda tech news podcast gdk thiyenwa ne :neutral_face: mage idea ek. Wns deyak tiik karoth value ek ambenwa neda unique podcast ek kaoth hodai neda :thinking:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #26

Good idea… only thing is what we decide should be worth to all listners. Not just the FOSS guys. Any idea… ill give a thought as a well.

(Milinda Arambawela) #27

ape 1st podcast ekata katha karanna ona topic tika poddak finalize karagamuda. ethakota apita ikmanata record karala meka paran ganna puluvan. :slight_smile:
Vote for Freedom :+1:

(Milinda Arambawela) #28

I suggest these topics for the 1st podcast:

1. SFD 2018 - What happened @ SFD 18’ and FOSS.lk Revamp
  2. Mozilla Dark Funnel campaign.
  3. Open Bracket Meetup - React Native (MCC IIT)

@Ruwan @sdglhm @amilac2008 @lokuhetty suggest if I missed any.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #29

History of foss.lk and lug and previuos notable personals with name and some acknowledgements.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #30

Thats enough for 1st one right … ?

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #31

Also gnu project is 35 years old on September 27th 2018. That would also be a news under the history.

(Milinda Arambawela) #32

Where, when, who
Who will join the podcast?
Where and when we record this :slight_smile:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #33

Place ? And the equipments ? Those we have to think of first.

After the where and the equipments are finalized we can set a date. (BTW as soon as possible )

About who, i would love to participate.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #34

Also I think the equipments are the main concern. @milinda and @ruwan you said you are friend with daylight podcast . Can we ask them where to buy a simple set of equipments ? Couple of mikes and a mixer if needed…

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #35

Apart from that we need a logo and a music.

(Dilusha) #36

Logo ekatanm help karnna pluwan :hushed:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #37

ehenam api wadee patan gammu…

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #38

Just a thought. “- a podcast by FOSS.lk” & FOSS.lk logo should be in a footer or as a subtext.

(Dilusha) #39

Freedom da name eka? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #40

Mama hithanne… suuuu gaaala vote 7kma thibbane. :stuck_out_tongue: