FOSS LK - Podcast

(Milinda Arambawela) #53

@dhanushka shell we continue this.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #54

Good idea… shall we start by finding some gears. ? Anyone wjocan find couple of mics and a mixer ?

(Milinda Arambawela) #55

Aiya, shell we create a topic list for the podcast.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #56

Sure. Will try to compile tomorrow . Also we really need to find some gear as well.
after the gear, will be able to start the first recording . :slight_smile:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #57

E#::0 - The Pilot

• Intro
  • Introduction on Freedom podcast and the hosts (2-3 mins)
  • What is FOSS? (5 - 10 mins)
  • Some background on FOSS in global status (10 -20 mins)
  • Some history on Foss on Sri Lanka (10-15 mins)
  • What is foss.lk and current status (10 -15 mins)
  • Current foss.lk projects and how to contribute. (15 mins)
  • Conclusion.

E#::1

• Intro
  • FOSS news for 2018 - A summary ( 20 mins :News )
  • Most popular FOSS project - Linux ( 40 mins : Topic of the Day)
  • Conclusion

The above is a suggestion. The pilot is an Intro to the podcast. The first Episode is the actual first one. In a normal episode, I thought of having 20 minutes of FOSS news and the rest on a Selected Topic.

Any suggestions?

PS: Can we start this soon. So we can go ahead with the First podcast on New year start. (Pilot on End of December)
:blush:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #58

දැන් මොකෝ වෙන්නෙ … ?

(Milinda Arambawela) #59

Aiya next year idalama patan gamuda.

(Dhanushka C) #60

Api me mase record karanna patan aran next year idala release karoth kohomada? Just an idea :slight_smile:

(Milinda Arambawela) #61

Apita equipment tika hoya ganna wenava enam ikmanatama.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #62

My idea exactly. lets record two episods. The Episod 0 (An Intro )and the first one. We can release the Intro on Jan 1st and the Episod 1 is the first week. After that we can go with bi weekly .

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #63

Anyway to find the equipments ? After the first ones, we can purchase by seing how it goes. Or else we can purchase directly . My idea is two Mics and a mixr. Lets start this soon.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #64

Any update guys on the gear guys. ?

(Dhanushka C) #65

@milinda can we ask from Kalinga aiya? :thinking:

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #66

@kalinga will help. But we need to find our own stuff ne. this is not a temporary thing ne. So better to find a permement solution. ?

(Dhanushka C) #67

@lokuhetty My idea is to do first one or two with kalinga aiya since he knows how to do this job. During that time we can focus on finding own stuff or podcast partner for the stuff.

(Dhanushka C) #68

@Ruwan told he has equipments. We can start within this week if all of us are okay. And we need 3 or 4 topics.

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #69

Great… i also purchased 4 mics and 2 external soundcards with 2 input each. Its still in transit and will be here in couple of days. Anyway lets start soon. How about my previous suggestions ? for topics…

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #70

We need to complete the following soon…

1. Logo
  2. Theme Music
  3. Place

Topics

E#::0 - The Pilot

Intro
Introduction on Freedom podcast and the hosts (2-3 mins)
What is FOSS? (5 - 10 mins)
Some background on FOSS in global status (10 -20 mins)
Some history on Foss on Sri Lanka (10-15 mins)
What is foss.lk and current status (10 -15 mins)
Current foss.lk projects and how to contribute. (15 mins)
Conclusion.

E#::1

Intro
FOSS news for 2018 - A summary ( 20 mins :News )
Most popular FOSS project - Linux ( 40 mins : Topic of the Day)
Conclusion

The above is a suggestion. The pilot is an Intro to the podcast. The first Episode is the actual first one. In a normal episode, I thought of having 20 minutes of FOSS news and the rest on a Selected Topic.

Shall we do both episodes on the same day?

(Dasun K Lokuhetty) #71

Got the two external soundcards. Waiting for 4x Mics. Anyway guys shall we do something ? Soon …

(Dhanushka C) #72

It’s been 10 days. I am taking too much time to reply. Really sorry. Got stuck with some other works. Sure let’s start. I am okay with the topics. Let’s see whether we can have some trending worldwide Foss news to share in between at the time we are recording.

For logo, shall I create something very simple? For the place actually I have no contact for a suitable place.

Ps: recording on same day is okay with me